Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Change

I am still alive!  There have been some very big changes in my life over the past month and it is about time I did a post.  I am now living by myself and am down to *just* two dogs.  Marley and Rafferty.  Dante has decided to live in luxury with my parents and keep my mom company.  Hugo left with his dad for a different life path and Becky has headed to her very awesome high school raiser.  It feels so weird to only have two dogs after always having 3-4 for the last 3.5 years.   

What does this mean?  Well for starters I am no longer involved in training Hugo for Search and Rescue.   He has started down a great path and I wish him well!  I still plan to stay involved with SAR work, though I may take the winter off.   Marley and I are hoping to start tracking training this month.  Marley may not be the ideal tracking dog, but we will have fun and see where it goes.  Rafferty has 2 months left with me and then he heads off to college for his formal training.  I know he will have fun and be amazing at whatever career he chooses!  I do plan on getting another puppy when Rafferty leaves.

As for me I am taking this time to find myself and delight in the simple joys of life.  Work continues to be challenging and fulfilling, my place out in the country is perfect for me right now, and I have re-discovered and made some amazing new friendships.   I traveled to the GDB homecoming event last weekend and was once again reminded just how amazing these partnerships are...at every step of the way.  I will have a bigger post (with pictures) for the Homecoming event and Becky's new raiser.  

Always remember

Don't wait for the storm to pass....learn  to dance in the rain.

Rafferty with his shiny black coat and golden eyes pants after a hike.

5 comments:

Raiser Erin said...

I still can't get over how much Rafferty and Rockford look alike even with the colour difference.

I know exactly how you feel. Here I am at college with no dog at all for the first time in my life...ever. It's a huge change. I hope you deal with less dogs well and you don't feel too...alone I guess is the word.

Carin said...

Glad to see you again. Sorry to hear it's been a rollercoaster. Well, whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger I guess.

Becky Andrews said...

Fun to see you at the homecoming celebration. Glad you had a great time.

Infrequent Flyers said...

I hope the changes are good and welcomed, but be extra kind to yourself--all change can be stressful. Sounds like you are focusing on the best things, enjoying what you have and where you are right now.

Lisa and pups said...

I like that quote. And that pic of Rafferty is stunning!