Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Phase 1

Millie is in Phase 1! I am so excited to finally see one of my pups make it to the phase report. Since Sterling was cc'd while still with me, Millie is the first to go back to campus. I can't wait to watch her progress. Here is a description of Phase 1 from the Guide Dogs website. Some of these things she may have already done since she has been on campus for 6 weeks already.

Phase #1
Pre-training physical exam
Neutering/spaying (with the exception of potential breeding stock dogs who are under evaluation at this time)
X-rays
Eye checks
Relaxing walks on campus and play sessions
Introduction to the kennel environment and schedule
General daily care and grooming

3 comments:

Ro said...

So exciting! I haven't gotten the phase report yet. I was going to be looking for Milly and another dog who hasn't turned up yet. Go Milly! Wouldn't it be a trip if I got her? Now there are even more dogs who could just be a possibility if I got my March!

Natalie said...

Good Job Millie, and how exciting for you to see her up now :)

Becky Andrews said...

So exciting and will be fun to learn about the different phases they go through!